Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jonathan Week 8

Monday was a decent day for us other than another blazing hot day.  Seriously, it's mid-September and we still have the AC on!

I moved my office to the basement so Da Da and JH could have full run of the upstairs.  I cleared away an entire aisle of Toys R Us and WOW, I have a real office with a granite desk and PEACE and QUIET.  No one running by saying "Daddy, I want to help you work", "Daddy, I'm going POOP".

On Tuesday JH went to Miss Terry's house for a full 7 hours, I think he may have had one accident and he said "I had a time-out for peeing my underwear" when he got in the car.  We told him that he needed to stop wetting his pants and he said "I promise that I won't do it again", we always tell JH that we keep our promises (and we do)!

Wednesday JH went back to Miss Terry's house and she took all the kids to her church group play-time.  JH had a blast and while playing he had an accident.  When they returned to Miss Terry's house he had TWO MORE "accidents", he spent more time in time-out!!  When we picked him up he came out in loaner clothes :-(

We had to drive to Benton Harbor after picking JH up to pick-up a part for the attic remodel.  JH sang several songs on the way and one was about cleaning the toys up.  I think Miss Terry is a good influence on our little man.  He talks about her son Davyd and how he doesn't get to see him now that he is in school now.  He also told us that he likes going to Miss Terry's house :-)

On Thursday morning JH woke-up and announced that he wanted oatmeal for breakfast.  He ate everything on his plate and then wanted some of Da Da's yogurt, and then wanted a bite of my banana.....

We went and picked him up at 4:00 PM and while Da Da was holding him at the door (he didn't have his shoes on), he said "Hi Daddy, I didn't wet my pants today!"; I was so proud.
He is really so damn cheeky and funny!  I am NOT a kid person and I find myself acting like a blooming idiot while having conversations with this child.  I guess when they are your own it's totally different.

JH stayed at Miss Terry's again for 7 hours today and seems to be doing great!  He said "I like going to Miss Terry's house" when we picked him up.  He took a bath before dinner (not a good idea), and we read several books before bed.  JH loves having books read to him and actually pays attention for almost 10 seconds :-)  His new bed routine is "no hugs and kisses" and then "I have to go potty", "I'm thirsty", "I want LIP BALM" and finally, "FAN on (or off based on where it is at bed)".

Friday morning we loaded up the car and drove to Auntie Jo Jo's house to help her move.  She moved in to Dug and Jamie's townhouse since they moved last month.  We got to Jo's and immediately jumped in the car to go get paint.  JH and Jo wandered all over Home Depot while Da Da and I filled the cart.  After we paid and unloaded the car Da Da started painting and Jo and I ran JH to Dug and Jamie's so JH could play with his cousins.  Damian was really excited to see Jonathan and they were gone running and playing before we knew it.  Dug and Jamie have an amazing new house with so much room for the kids to play.

JH stayed the night and since Jamie had to work, Dug had an 18 month old, a three year old, and a six year old!  It takes two of us to keep up with Jonathan so how he did it I'll never know.  We called on occasion for updates and Dug said the kids were having a blast.  Having JH gone allowed us to get about 6 hours of painting in, and by the time we went to bed we were all beat!

Saturday 6:00 AM came VERY quickly and we all headed back to the Townhouse to continue painting before the movers arrived.  Skip to 9:00 PM Saturday, the Townhouse looked beautiful, rooms painted, furniture in place, and all new window coverings.  Jo and I ran to get JH and he was asleep on the sofa at Dug's.  We scooped him up in his PJs and took him back to Jo's new place.  He was in and out of sleep and when we walked in Jo was holding him and he said "I want Daddy".  I held him on my lap for about 15 minutes before taking him up to bed.  The plan was Jo would lay with him while I helped Da Da finish a few more projects.  He insisted I lay with him so I did :-)  He was so loving and sweet telling me he missed me and held my hand while he went to sleep.  I snuck away and after about 2 hours (while we were finally having a glass of wine), he started crying and Da Da ran up.  He said "I don't know where I am, Daddy left me, please stay with me Da Da"' and he did; until JH went to sleep again.

Sunday morning JH woke-up in the middle of us and was chattering away, "good morning", "it's light outside (it wasn't), and various other things that were too perky at 6:00 AM.  Jo came up and got him while Da Da and I slept about 45 more minutes.  We said our goodbyes and headed back to MI.  When we stopped for gas JH said to Da Da, "Da Da, the world scares me", WTH?  Where does this kid come-up with things!!

It's now Sunday evening and we just finished dinner.  JH had to be bribed with green beans to eat his chicken leg.  I'm still amazed that vegetables are reward to get him to eat meat.  I may need to try some Tofu dishes to help get him the protein we know he isn't getting.  JH is in the bath playing Choo Choo with all his bath toys lined up on the side of the tub; it's good to be home!!

3 comments:

  1. If Tofu doesn't work, pediasure shakes are a failure easy solution. We had a phase where Connor was losing weight, and they worked wonders. Walgreen's version of them are pretty economical. Peanut butter and shrimp always worked good with my kids as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have been FAIRLY easy, not failure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm still amazed that vegetables are reward to get him to eat meat." <---That's what I thought!

    Congrats on the Advocate ad, you guys! I love it!

    ReplyDelete