Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jonathan Week 9


Monday -

JH went to Terry's house for the day and Da Da worked on the deck while I got caught-up from being off Friday.  The sad thing about taking a vacation day is I come back to 200+ emails.  I went with Da Da to pick JH up and he announced that he had an accident :-(  I really think he gets too busy playing and just remembers he has to go potty when it's too late.

We played outside until the contractor that is doing the framing in the attic came and Da Da was pulled away.  I fed JH and while eating he started swinging his spoon around and food started flying.  I got very upset and immediately picked him up and looked at him and said "GO to your room!". JH ran to his room and after I finished cleaning up his mess I told him that he wasn't finishing dinner and he was going to bed; and that's what happened.  Da Da came down while I was putting his PJs on and JH asked for a hug and kiss from Da Da.  I cooled down and went in to Jonathan's room and apologized, I told him daddy had a time-out and realized I got too upset, he said "that's okay Daddy".  I felt TERRIBLE and we talked, hugged, and he said he had to potty.  After about 30 minutes of a story and a little sit nice time we really put him to bed :-)

Tuesday -
Da Da got up with JH and all I heard was "I'm a little wet Da Da", a little wet was pretty much head to toe.  I guess I shouldn't have given him that last glass of water while I was feeling guilty last night.  We had a nice breakfast and since I took the day off we all went outside to play, well JH and I played and Da Da worked on the deck.  It was a nice day so he had a blast playing on his play set.

After showers we jumped in the car and headed to Chicago so we could meet with the adoption attorney.  Rick is starting the process to become his other legal dad.  When we started the process last year we just didn't have the funds to have him added.  So, in about 90 days we should both be able to be on Jonathan's birth certificate.

Wednesday -
I don't remember much of Wednesday other than JH going to Terry's house for a full 7 hours.  He went to the church play group and Terry said the day went very well.  The nice thing is he talks about his friends Owen and RJ when we pick him up

Thursday -
I worked and Da Da worked in the yard.  I think this might have been the day that JH pooped his pants.  Since he has been with us he has only done that once or twice.  He kept saying "I pooped my pants Daddy, and Miss Terry put me in time-out", I asked him why he pooped and repeatedly the answer was "because".

After my work day ended we drove to MI City to buy the tile for the new bathroom.  We got to Lowes and discovered they no longer sell what Da Da designed the whole bath around; he wasn't happy.  Since we have been so good sticking to Weight Watchers we treated ourselves to dinner out.  Dinner out in MI City consists of very few choices, we decided on Applebee's since they have a low calorie and WW menu.  When we were driving to the restaurant JH said "Hmmm, it must be around here somewhere".

Friday -
Late on Thursday night we got our shipment of wood for the attic so Da Da and I moved 4 pallets of drywall, 2x4s, plywood, and heavy beams in to the garage.  Friday morning my back was killing me; Da Da forgets that I'm 13 years older than him :-)

JH was chipper on Friday morning and announced "I'm hungry Daddy, I think I want Oatmeal".  JH and Da Da drove to Benton Harbor to pick-up the sink he ordered from Home Depot for the attic.

In the early evening Uncle Michael and a friend Steve dropped by to bring us a beautiful professionally mounted photo of our Advocate ad.  The October issue came out this week and we were really happy to see that it turned out really great.  We show JH and he gets all shy and runs away.  It was nice to hear Uncle Michael notice that JH says "I love you Uncle Michael" before Michael tells him that he loves him.

Saturday -
Waking up was painful, I am on horse and chicken duty over at Linda and Neil's farm.  They got the heck out of Dodge this weekend.  We have a big bicycle ride weekend where the streets are loaded with cyclists.  I fed the brood and came home to feed my brood breakfast.

Once again we got dressed and hit the road to go to Mishawaka to find tile for the bathroom and buy the stuff for the electrician.  Our neighbor is a licensed electrician in MI and has been doing side work for us.  We have been buying all the materials so we can get the miles on our American Airlines credit card.  The plan is to go meet Jonathan's brother David as soon as we get enough miles.

When we got to Mishawaka we let JH drive the cart/car in Menards so he was happy for about 5 minutes.  He started acting up a little so he was transfered to the seat in the front of the cart.  My guess is he is getting a little tired (like Daddy) of home improvement stores.  We'll all be happy when the attic is done and we have a second bathroom and a private space for Daddy and Da Da.

In the evening we tried going to the park in New Buffalo but only stayed for 10 minutes,  There were too many older kids there playing on the toddler equipment and their parents didn't seem to care that little kids were trying to play.  We went to the park here in Three Oaks and it too was loaded with 10 to 15 year old kids :-(  We played in the back yard until dinner and JH had a bath and we watched a little Sprout before bed.  He has been saying "thank you for the delicious dinner (or lunch/breakfast) Daddy".  I think he is figuring-out how to work us, we also get "You're a very good boy Da Da (or Daddy)".

Sunday -
I heard JH chattering and singing as early as 6:30 AM.  We got up at 7:30 AM and only then did he throw his door open and say "Good morning Daddy, I'm a little hungry".  I made him an omelet from the eggs our chickens have been laying.  The chicks we got in May have been laying tiny eggs for about a week.  I had to crack 4 to get a JH sized omelet.   I let him help mix the eggs and he was thrilled; I think he's going to like cooking.

In the afternoon we played in the basement since it was raining here all day.  JH played with his tool set and his A B C train set.  He screwed plastic bolts in and out at least 30 times.  When we asked him casually what letter was on the train car he always got it right.  I also recorded him reading the eye chart that he has NEVER done for the eye doctor.  I plan on saving it to prove that he knows all the pictures very well; and from at least 15 feet (like at the Dr's office).

It's now 7:00 PM on Sunday evening and after 3 time outs JH is in bed.  After dinner he started to be a little naughty.  When we ask him to do or not do something he says "No, I don't want to stop", he was also in his room playing pretty nice and we heard "OH DAMN IT".

We hope to get Jonathan to Gramma and Grandpa's next weekend so he can spend a week with them while we're focused on my work and Da Da managing the attic remodel.  We'll miss our boy but need a little break again :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment