Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jonathan Week 13

Monday -
JH spent the day at Miss Terry's house and the day just flew by.  I didn't write on Monday night so I have no recollection of what happened or how the day went....sorry JH.  I think we ordered pizza for dinner and JH went to bed much later than usual.

Tuesday -
What a mess the house is!  JH got up early and we had a nice breakfast and ran to Benton Harbor to get additional drywall supplies.  We were there by 7:00 AM and rushing to get home before my first meetings.  JH went to Miss Terry's house at 8:30 AM and luckily we made it home right after.

When Da Da  picked up JH at 4:00 PM, he was told JH did really well all day, but had an accident late in the day.  He was a little bratty at Miss Terry's house too; I think he was talking back to her :-(

We asked Linda to come by after dinner so she could play with JH while Da Da and I demo'd the staircase to the garage.  We were making tons of noise and could still hear JH running around and laughing playing with Linda.

Wednesday -
Da Da had a Dr appointment to get his stitches out so he dropped JH off at Miss Terry's house a little early this morning.  We had planned on having Selene, Light, Mom, and Auntie Jo Jo out this weekend but the house is just too torn apart.  I picked JH up at Miss Terry's house and  we rushed home so he could say goodbye to Da Da and we were off to Auntie Jo Jo's house. Da Da was very sad to say goodbye to JH and had tears running down his face :-(  JH was wiping his tears saying "why are you sad Da Da?"; now that was sad.  By the time we got to the freeway he was singing a song about Da Da being sad.

Thursday -
Last night we picked Selene up at 11:30 PM and got back to Jo's after 1:00 AM.  When I finally got to bed at 1:30 ish JH woke-up and said "is it good morning Daddy?", I told him it was the middle of the night and he rolled over and immediately went to sleep.

When JH woke-up at 6:30 AM the entire house woke-up.  He was talking loudly and Selene and Light were sleeping in the loft so there was no chance for them.  Jo got up and made the boys breakfast and they seemed to play pretty well.  Light was just 3 on 10/10 and is a very sweet little boy.  JH was a little dominating at times but Light held his own :-/

The day was cold and wet so the boys played inside until the evening when we went to Dug and Jamie's for a birthday party for Light.  We got there and the kids went NUTS running and screaming and playing.  Selene, Jo, and I were like 3 zombies since we had only 5 hours or less of sleep.  I have no idea when we got home but it was soon after that we all went to bed.

Friday -
JH woke-up pretty early and asked "Daddy, can I go snuggle with Auntie Jo Jo?", YES, please leave me so I can sleep!!  Ha ha.

When I got up at about 7:30 AM they had all been fed and the boys were playing in Jo's basement.  Jo and Selene took the boys to the park and ran around  most of the day.  I worked and Mom watched a marathon of Criminal Minds and Law and Order.

In the evening Dug and Jamie came over and we had Asian food and drank gallons of wine :-)  Not really, but it felt like it on Saturday morning.

Saturday -
Jo and Selene took the boys to the park for a picnic while I hung a few light fixtures in her house.

We had a quiet evening and all commented on how well Light and JH played the weekend.  I told JH a few Jeffery stories at bedtime and then he wanted Jo to come up and tell him a story.  Jo told him a few Brian (nice) and Bryan (naughty) stories and he was off to sleep.

Sunday -
I dropped Gramma Rosie off at my brother Mike's house and we happily headed home to Michigan!  JH chattered all the way home and had a few snacks along the way.

JH got out of the car and I swear he hugged Da Da for about 3 minutes!  It's nice to have our family together again.

I know week is really fragmented but we're all exhausted and I have nothing left.  Da Da dealt with a major MESS here at home with floods and massive construction delays and chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment