Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jonathan Week 14


Monday -
Life is pretty much back to normal; except the fact we're living in a construction zone.  The odd thing is that it doesn't seem to phase JH.  The drills and saws are buzzing until his bedtime and he never notices.

This morning I made Jonathan scrambled eggs for breakfast.  He ate all his eggs and then proceeded to spill his chocolate milk all over the table and Da Da's painting supplies (under his chair).  This was the second change of clothes since JH wet his bed last night.  When I went to hug him this morning I noticed he was drenched.  He usually tells us when he wet but this morning he didn't say a word.

I dropped him off at Miss Terry's house and ran and got a few groceries for the week.  Jonathan is going to Gramma's house on Sunday for the week again so I didn't need too much.  The attic should be 99% finished by the time we take him so we'll get to move up there while he is gone.  I keep telling myself that we only have about 3 more weeks and our house will be DONE!  I hope we get to host at least one holiday this year since we'll have plenty of room now.

When JH got home from Terry's Da Da picked him up and while he was getting him in the car JH had an accident :-(  This child needs some consistency again!  Too much going on and too much shuffling from here to there.

We played Play Dough when he got home and had dinner and a few books.  It's 7:30 PM and he just went to bed.

Tuesday -
It was a pretty uneventful day.  I don't recall much of what happened other than construction and JH going to Miss Terry's house from 9 to 4.

Wednesday -
JH was going to the play day at Miss Terry's church today and he went as a train conductor.  Da Da took him in the morning and I went to get him at 4:00 PM.  When I got there Miss Terry said he had just had an accident :-(  By the time I got him in the car he had another accident!!  This is a kid that can go 12 hours dry and he went pee pee twice in 15 minutes.

JH had a bath and we had dinner and read a few books.  The tile guy was here until after 9:00 PM and JH slept through sawing and tromping all over the attic.

Thursday -
I got up with JH and before you know it he had breakfast and was off to Miss Terry's house.  It's Sunday night and I have no recollection of Thursday!

Friday -
JH had breakfast and played with Play-doh for a while until he wanted to play Sprout games on my computer.  He is getting so good at navigating and playing games.

In the late afternoon I played hooky from work and we took JH to see Puss and Boots in MI City.  He was pretty good and spent 1/2 the movie on my lap and the other 1/2 on Da Da's lap.   The movie was awesome!!

Saturday -
We got up and packed JH up to spend another week with Gramma and Grandpa.  We met them 1/2 way in Morris Illinois so the drive was like nothing.  He kept wrapping pieces of paper for me and saying "I have another present for you Daddy", it was junk from the back-seat wrapped in old paper :-)

When we pulled up at a restaurant in Morris Gramma and Grandpa had just pulled in and were still standing by their truck.  JH played shy until we got seated and he was like butter in Gramma and Grandpa's hands.  Rick and I both noticed that JH was like an angel with them; we usually have two or three outbursts at every meal out.  When we left I carried him out and he gave me several very strong/tight hugs and kisses.  I asked him if he would be a good boy for Gramma and Grandpa and he said "yes, Daddy, I will be a good boy, and Daddy, I will miss you".

Saturday when we got home Da Da and I got more done than we had all the previous week nights.  We miss our boy but see the light at the end of the tunnel with these renovations.

Sunday -
No JH and so much accomplished.  The carpet goes in tomorrow in the attic and we'll move up there on Monday night, yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment